I love Seth Godin’s blog. On top of the sage advice, his brief, to the point posts always have made me slightly envious so here is my poor attempt.
- Knowing when to push and when to step back
- Knowing the line between just enough and too much
- Knowing what cause to champion and what battle to let go
- Knowing what is in our control and what we can not
- Knowing when to lead and when to pass on the baton
- Knowing when fear or ego are becoming roadblocks
- Knowing when it is time to stay and when it is time to move on
Some of the hardest lessons that I continue to learn as a teacher leader are the above. Not just knowing when but being at peace with the decision as well.